- Protection boom was deployed Musqueam Slough.
- McDonald Beach dog part and boat launch is closed at this time.
- Vents have been plugged and divers are continuing to assess salvage options and rigging.
- FRPD on scene with a barge/crane to assist rigging.
- Heavy lift crane is underway and is expected to arrive on scene tonight with the intention of performing the lift as soon as is safely possible.
- WCMRC is on scene recovering product and conducting booming operations at the wreck site as well as deflection booming downstream.
- Waste management is being coordinated with BC MOE for safe and appropriate waste disposal.
- Initial wildlife assessment is underway with CWS and BC MOE.
- Ongoing overflights are being conducting by CCG with provincial, federal and Musqueam Representatives.
- Divers anticipate their work will be complete by 2000.
- Arctic Tuk ETA 0700 August 15, 2018.
- FRPD is aiming to turn and lift the tug by 0900 at slack water.
- TC has requested the Lift and Salvage plan which is to be approved by the naval architect.
WEATHER AND TIDES:
- Winds NW 9kts
- Tide is flooding – High Tide @ 2113
- 2 kts current in flood direction
Air monitoring has been conducted at the incident site – there have been no hits on the air monitors.
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Musqueam First Nation
- BC Ministry of Environment
- Environment Climate Change Canada
- Transport Canada
- Transportation Safety Board
- City of Vancouver
- Port Metro Vancouver
- City of Richmond
- Canadian Wildlife Service
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority