- Protection boom was deployed Musqueam Slough.Protection boom was deployed Musqueam Slough.
- Fraser River Park, McDonald Beach dog park and boat launch remains closed until further notice.
- Overflights were conducted by CCG, Musqueam, provincial and federal personnel.
- Divers completed salvage assessment and plugged the vents which significantly reduced the visible sheen.
- The Rigging and Salvage Plan was developed by the marine surveyor and naval architect and the Lift Plan was developed by AMIX.
- Transport Canada has reviewed these plans and has no objection.BC MOE issued a Section 52 Exemption to Ledcor and is currently developing a Waste Management Plan for safe and appropriate waste disposal.
- BC MOE issued a Section 52 Exemption to Ledcor and is currently developing a Waste Management Plan for safe and appropriate waste disposal.
- WCMRC and Coast Guard remain on scene to recover product and maintain effective booming containment.
- Ongoing aerial observation overflights will continue throughout the day.
- FRPD on scene with a barge/crane to assist rigging.
- Arctic Tuk is on-scene and intends to right the tug and conduct the lift around 1100.
- Prior to the lift, there will be a site meeting between the operations personnel to discuss safety issues and mitigation measures to prevent a loss of containment.
- To mitigate loss of product during salvage operations, WCMRC has increased on-water capacity including additional vessels, personnel and equipment.
- Environmental Unit requests protection booming upstream before lift.
- Environmental Unit intends to conduct a shoreline assessment and is requesting available personnel to meet at the Incident Command Post at 1000.
- Province requests air quality monitoring at waste storage sites.
- Gillnet fisheries is open but will remain closed in the North Arm.
WEATHER AND TIDES:
- Winds NNW 9kts
- Winds northwest 10 to 15 early this morning and to light near noon. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 overnight then becoming light Thursday afternoon.
- Nearing slack tide. High tide @ 0857 PDT – 3 meters
- Approx. 2 kts current in flood direction
Safety is a priority during the critical lifting and salvage operations and will be discussed in detail on site before operations begin.
- City of Richmond reports a member patrolling at MacDonald dog park who sought medical attention after feeling some physical effects from fumes (headache/nausea) and was subsequently sent home to rest.
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Musqueam First Nation
- BC Ministry of Environment
- Environment Climate Change Canada
- Transport Canada
- Transportation Safety Board
- City of Vancouver
- Port Metro Vancouver
- City of Richmond
- Canadian Wildlife Service
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Tsleil-Waututh First Nation